Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just wanted to mention...



I HAVE NOT SPENT ONE CENT TODAY!

This might not seem like a big deal to you, but I live in New York. Also known as, "The City that Never Sleeps and Never Stops Spending." Or so I've heard.

Think of the obstacles I have triumphed over/avoided today:

830AM - Fruit cart on the way to work: usually buy a banana. Today? DENIED, Mohammed!
1045AM - Browsed J. Crew and ShopBop. Can you read?? I browsed!
1230PM - Lunchtime. I brownbagged and watched instantly on Netflix as per usual. Bliss.
330PM - Afternoon snack? Green tea and chocolate on the company dime, stocked in the kitchen. Pure bliss.
7PM - Reheated the chicken tacos I made last night. Muy bueno y sin dinero.
9PM - Took a bath and read Essence while listening to depressing, yet romantic, old school Feist. Totally free and freeing.
1125PM - Realized that I have yet to pay my Time Warner bill that is due today. Paying that ish tomorrow online just to save face. I'm on a roll, alright?

So proud and I didn't even plan this! Let's see how tomorrow goes, shall we?

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment