Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm fit, mate.

Okay well, "fit" might be a stretch, but I'm relatively healthy. I eat alright (see previous post - i'm working on it), I try to drink like 64 ounces of water a day and I have the great advantage of being able to walk to work. It's about fifteen minutes each way, so I get my thirty minutes/day in just by showing up to my job in Battery Park.

I used to pay $85/month to go to New York Sports Club, but canceled my membership last July to save cash. I now run the Brooklyn Bridge or East River Esplanade to get in cardio and I play soccer for a Sunday league in Astoria.*

But I miss the machines of the gym. I don't want to get all Madonna or The Man Whose Arms Exploded or anything, but a nice tone all-around would be nice. Also, running and the running around in soccer burns a lot of fat, but I have no muscle. I can barely replace the water cooler at work without hyperventilating. And that's only 40lbs.

Any tips on getting buff sans Bally's? I mean, I can do curls with cans of green beans, but there's gotta be other ways to get toned without the help of gym machines. What are ways to stay strong without spending a ton on a gym membership? What do you folks do??

*Rereading this, I sound sooo athletic and active! Ha ha. If only I didn't compound all that activity with booze and brie.




No comments:

Post a Comment